A4 size sheets of CLEAR Inkjet water slide transfers / decals for soap, candles, wood, ceramics - make your own - personalise any object, create your own gifts or start a new business!
Take a look at the images below for more ideas!
Glass - glasses,
windows and mirrors
Metal - Die cast, die cast models, rulers
Plastic - models, hobby and craft items
Wood - coated wood surfaces
Wax - candles and other wax items
Pottery - mugs, jars
CHRISTMAS BAUBLES - decorate special gifts with your families images - make a new one each year for a really special tree
Customize model & hobby items in scale
Decorate your crafts and make stickers
Apply your digital photos to your crafts & models
Recreate decals, make model decals
- These images are on a Clear backing sheet - perfect for any clear or opaque background - eg - soap, candles, etc,
Water slide decal instructions
- Print your images on the paper from an inkjet printer (If you are concerned about the cost of ink - we also stock continuous ink systems - making your printing costs negligible)
- Spray paper thoroughly with clear acrylic spray (available from hardware stores or art supplies), this will set the ink and prevent running or bleeding when wet
- Allow to dry
- Trim the decal to the border of the design (where possible).
- Soak in water for 20 to 60 seconds.
- Remove from the water and drain
- Wet application area.
- Slide the transfer to one edge of backing paper.
- While still on the backing paper place the transfer in position.
- Hold the transfer gently near the edge of the backing paper then slide the backing paper from under the transfer, do this carefully to minimise bubbles.
- Now slide into position and squeeze it down, working from the centre to the edge, removing the moisture and air bubbles that are trapped underneath the surface.
- Expel all air/water bubbles by wiping from centre and clean any excess gum/water (Facial make up sponges are great for this, but you can use a soft cloth also)
- If air bubbles occur and cannot be squeegeed out, puncture the bubble with a pin and smooth down.
WHERE CAN DECALS BE USED?
Decals can be applied to any solid sealed surface, including:
GLASS - applied to transparent or opaque glass surfaces, Candles, Soap, Terracotta pots, Milk churns, Watering cans, Woodwork, Cups, Mugs, Plates, etc
Use them to decorate your own candles or soaps!
Create beautiful and unique soaps with an easy application of a water-slide decal transfer.
Perfect for gift giving, holidays, special occasions, corporate gifts, personalized home gifts, or just for you!
A wonderful souvenir too! Let your creativity run wild.
We can design and print your own images too - ask us or look at our other items.
WHAT IS A DECAL AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
A decal consists of several layers of materials. A bottom layer of backing paper with its glue-like substance, an intermediate layer of printed colours and a top layer of lacquer coating (cover coat ). The backing paper is porous so it will absorb water. This softens the glue and releases the printing (which is held intact by the top coating). This allows the design to be transferred from the paper on which it was printed to the surface being decorated.